Part-Time Grant Writer
Mater Dei Radio is on a quest to find a philanthropic business professional who is
passionate about leading souls to Jesus through the Blessed Virgin Mary. We are
seeking a part-time (15-20 hours weekly) Grant Writer for remote work to research,
develop and write grants that further the mission of Mater Dei Radio and its Catholic
The ideal candidate will have experience in proactively seeking and managing grant
partnerships with private foundations and other organizations of $10,000 to
$100,000 or more.
- Support the Catholic mission of Mater Dei Radio in the New Evangelization.
- Manage a portfolio of foundation and major donor relationships.
- Identify grant-funding entities whose guidelines meet the profile of Mater Dei
Radio’s mission of evangelization.
- Prepare and submit letters of intent, grant proposals and reports to private
foundations. Draft and edit proposals, checking for completeness against grant
instructions, spelling, grammar, and style.
- Meet virtually with Executive Director and fiscal officers as necessary to gather
financial and capital information for proposal preparation. Provide those persons
with a copy of proposals when submitted.
- Properly acknowledge and steward grant funds received, including the efficient
execution of acknowledgement letters, Memoranda of Understanding, grant
contacts, as well as preparing success stories, and social media content.
- Attend meetings, conferences, and webinars on non-profit funding opportunities.
- Stay on top of emerging sector trends and new sources of non-profit funding.
- Maintain and timely update activity, grant awards, and reports in DonorSnap.
- Produce regular summary reports on fundraising activity for Executive Director
- Attend virtual team meetings via Zoom and other platforms as required.
- Assist with special events and development efforts as needed. Complete other
duties as assigned.
- Adhere to Mater Dei Radio’s standards, policies, and procedures.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Support the teachings of the Catholic Church, practicing Catholic preferred.
- Two years of grant writing experience in a significant role of successful grant
research and submissions.
- Must have written grants that have secured over $250,000 for a single year.
- Ability to work remotely and utilize computer systems/software necessary to
perform position functions, including word processing and spreadsheet skills; and
ability to use the Internet for research and to communicate through e-mail.
- Strong written communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to speak, read,
and write in both English and Spanish preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work under high demands and tight
deadlines, with a calm demeaner, focus, and attention to detail.
- Ability to keep flexible, part-time hours, including occasional weekend times.
- Ability and willingness to travel to office on occasion.
- College degree, Associates degree, or equivalent from two-year college or
technical school preferred. High school diploma or equivalent required.
What Mater Dei Radio Offers You:
Competitive hourly pay ($25-$31), based upon experience and performance.
Remote work with flexible hours to suit your schedule.
Opportunities for spiritual growth and development.
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter of interest indicating why you want to work in a Catholic
apostolate, a resume highlighting your relevant work experience, and submissions of
grant work examples to [email protected]. No phone calls please.
About Mater Dei Radio:
Mater Dei Radio is a 501(c)3 Rosary Apostolate that proclaims the Gospel of Jesus
Christ. Operating under our parent organization Catholic Broadcasting Northwest,
we envision a region where there is a vibrant, expanding audience with a personal
connection to Jesus Christ through Catholic media.
Mater Dei Radio is America’s oldest lay-owned Catholic Radio Apostolate with 33-
years of dedicated service to Jesus Christ through the Blessed Virgin Mary. Learn more about us through our Facebook, Instagram, and our Hail Mary Media app.
Mater Dei Radio is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).