$50000 / year – Full Time
Bishop Andrew Cozzens and The Diocese of Crookston seeks a full-time Communications Specialist in Crookston, MN. The ideal candidate is a self-motivated and team-orientated professional of high integrity who possesses a great work ethic and is passionate about fulfilling the Catholic Church’s mission. The Communications Specialist will assist with all aspects of diocesan communications and the daily workflow of the Chief Operating Officer.
We are looking for someone who is a practicing Catholic with a passion for bringing people to Jesus by evangelization through diocesan media (print and electronic), possesses a great work ethic, is detail oriented, is self-motivated, and values teamwork.
- Creating, editing, and publishing print and electronic content, including written pieces, still photography, video, and electronic newsletters.
- Coordination of newspaper production including layout and planning.
- Attending and reporting on diocesan and parish events.
- Creation and publishing of social media content and monitoring activity.
- Digital content management and archives.
- Website management.
- Collaboration with staff, freelancers, clergy, parishes, missions, schools and other entities.
- Other duties to assist the Chief Operating Officer/Chancellor.
This is a full-time position, hybrid eligible. This position does require frequent time in the Diocese of Crookston Pastoral Center, as well as occasional evening and weekend work and some travel within northwest Minnesota.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field.
- Ability to interview, then write and edit content for publishing, which necessitates a strong
- Skilled storytelling with understanding of journalistic ethics and libel and copyright issues.
- Creativity for the design of diocesan publications and social media postings.
- Active listening for interviews, working with submitters of materials, and concerns received about publications.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment; this includes effective long-range planning, docility to accommodate breaking news moments, prioritizing tasks, discernment of relevant information, and creating and meeting deadlines in a self-directed way.
- Experience in Microsoft Office, Google Drive and Google Docs, Adobe Creative Cloud/Creative Suite.
- Proven competency with social media and willingness to learn content management systems, and stakeholder databases.
Submit resume including references, cover letter, and any combination of four writing or other media samples to Cody at [email protected]