Teaching and Operations Associate
Public Speaking, Education, and Professional Development Program
August 2023 – August 2024
The Rose Debate Institute exists to empower our culture to think critically and speak with confidence, eloquence and civility, all in the pursuit of truth. Based in the California Bay Area, but with students in Boston and online nationwide, we provide after school programs and private courses in public speaking and debate for students of all ages.
Those selected for our Public Speaking, Education, and Professional Development Program live in community in the heart of the California Bay Area, learn and assist in small business operations in the mornings, and teach public speaking and debate classes in the afternoons. In this 1-year program, each participant will:
- Receive extensive teacher development and experience in order to become masters of the classroom.
- Gain expertise in communication, public speaking, and debate.
- Become familiar with a wide breadth of small business operations, including business organization, customer service, marketing, event planning, team management, client development, customer acquisition, website management, and curriculum development.
- Assist with a smaller scope of activity within the business based on one’s strengths and interests.
During this time, participants will receive:
- Covered living accommodations (single bedroom) in a house shared with other like-minded young professionals in the Santa Clara area, central to the Bay Area.
- A salary of $40,000/year.
- Six weeks paid time off.
In order to participate in this program, an applicant must:
- Have recently (within 5 years) graduated college, or be taking a gap year during college.
- Be energetic, confident, hard-working, and enthusiastic.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Have excellent time management and organization.
- Be comfortable with and proficient in public speaking.
- Experience working with kids.
- Speech and debate / theater / camp counselor background.
- Majoring in Communications / Education or a related subject.
To be selected for this program, an applicant must:
- Submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected]
- Participate in three rounds of interviewing, including one in-person interview. (In-person interview locations: California Bay Area, Greater Boston Area, Los Angeles Area, New York City Greater Area.)