St. Austin Catholic School has been a part of the downtown Austin community for more than 100 years! Our new state-of-the-art campus (scheduled to open in Fall 2023) is over five stories tall and more than 100,000 sq ft. It rests on the corner of 21st and Guadalupe Streets, adjacent to our historic St. Austin Catholic Church and the University of Texas. St. Austin’s academic approach starts with faith as the foundation and driver of our student’s spiritual growth through lived gospel values. We seek dedicated teachers to provide a holistic education that is tailored to the individual needs of each student’s ability and preferred method of learning in preparing them to become Christ-centered, academically strong, moral community leaders. We invite you to come and join our community and be energized by the dynamic and responsive learning environment we are committed to providing!
The Coach fulfills the mission of the Catholic school by developing, initiating, and administering the program in a particular sport that adequately prepares the student-athlete for interscholastic competition. The Coach is recommended to the principal by the athletic director, hired by the principal, and evaluated in consultation with the athletic director.
Coaches plan, organize, and run practices and competitions throughout the season. All coaches are required to complete Diocesan EIM training and are highly encouraged to be CPR and First Aid certified.
The pastor and the principal are the visible foundation of the school which the Bishop has entrusted to the pastor and principal. Together with the pastor, the principal makes Christ’s mission present and enduring in the school. In order to fulfill this mission, the principal employs suitable, chosen collaborators. The principal shares with them Christ’s mission and entrusts various responsibilities to them.
Positions employed in the school help to extend the ministry of the pastor and the principal in particular ways as outlined in the job description. Therefore, the employee in this position is closely connected to and assists the pastor and the principal in the performance of their ministry and thereby engages in ministry for the Church.
• Supports and upholds the philosophy of Catholic education and the mission of the school
• Acts as a witness to Gospel values by modeling the teachings of the Catholic Church
• Supports and adheres to the Code of Conduct and policies and procedures of the school and Diocese• Maintains confidentiality regarding school matters
• Models professional conduct and sensible sportsmanship while instilling these characteristics within team members
• Conducts practice sessions and games according to local diocesan policy and league regulations
• Schedules practices and games in consultation with the athletic director
• Verifies student eligibility to practice and participate by completion of physicals, release/hold harmless, and registration
• Monitors the physical condition and fitness of participants and reports injuries to parents and school officials
• Continually monitors and supervises all activities of the participants at all practices and games
• Teaches essential safety skills and strategies to student-athletes; monitors safety compliance
• Follows school and diocesan policies regarding academic eligibility, safety guidelines, and transportation rules
To apply for this job please visit austindioceseschools.isolvedhire.com.