3rd grade teacher
General Purpose: To impart knowledge and learning skills to the children in his/her assigned class in a manner that meets professional standards and which incorporates the mission of the school.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
School Philosophy and Goals
• Plans and implements instructional programs and activities that further the school’s goals.
• Contributes to the growth of the school’s community of faith.
• Leads the students in daily classroom prayer, and participates in the liturgical life of the school/parish.
• Involves students in service activities as part of the Church’s mission.
• Uses oral and written English skillfully and correctly.
• Maintains accurate records of attendance and punctuality.
• Communicates effectively with other staff, students, and families.
• Strives for continued improvement and professional growth.
• Confers with parents, the school principal and other staff members as necessary regarding student
• Plans long-term as well as short-term objectives of instruction.
• Uses a variety of appropriate teaching strategies, instructional materials/activities, and teaching modes to accommodate a variety of learning styles and with diocesan curriculum requirements.
• Incorporates peace and justice education into every curriculum area.
• Demonstrates sound professional teaching and classroom management skills to facilitate learning.
• Maintains an appropriate and safe learning environment.
• Promotes and achieves student involvement and initiative in making choices which affect learning and behavior.
• Creates a classroom climate that facilitates learning.
• Provides students with adequate feedback about their work.
• Teaches problem solving skills that lead to peaceful conflict resolution.
• Encourage students to strive for high achievement.
• Manage behavior problems on an individual basis.
• Help students develop positive self-concepts.
• Provides frequent and effective feedback concerning attainment of learning goals to parents.
• Encourages parents to visit the class and conducts constructive parent conferences.
• Communicates regularly with principal and co-workers on all matters pertaining to assignments.
• Cooperates with other staff in sharing responsibilities and implementing group decisions.
To apply for this job please visit www.diocs.org.