Working at St. Margaret Mary’s Catholic Church is a deeply fulfilling and rewarding experience, filled with a sense of purpose and a deep connection to the community. It offers the opportunity to work with others who share your values and passions, and to make a meaningful difference in the lives of others. By joining our team at St. Margaret Mary’s, you can become part of a community that embodies love, compassion, service, and help to spread those values to others.
To service St Margaret Mary Catholic Church (the “Church”) by facilitating the spiritual and community life of its clergy, staff and parishioners (the “Church Community”) by coordinating all accounting and financial reporting functions under the direction of the Business Administrator.
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to execute each requirement satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and /or ability required for this position:
1. Ability to establish and maintain acceptable bookkeeping practices to ensure accurate and reliable data necessary for business operations.
2. Ability to prepare and distribute payroll for all staff and clergy individually approved by the Business Administrator.
3. Ability to maintain employee records including timecards for hourly employees, vacation accruals and usage, and all required state and federal documentation.
4. Ability to assist and support the annual budgeting process and to provide routine reports and budget analysis for the Business Administrator.
5. Ability to manage Church funds including supervising the counting of all collections, monitoring all directly deposited contributions, ensuring accurate accounting for all revenues received from departments, monitoring internal controls over petty cash, depositing all funds into appropriate Church accounts and ensuring accurate accounting of all contributions to the Parish Data System.
6. Ability to prepare and deliver all reports required by the Diocese of Austin in accordance with its established policies and procedures.
7. Ability to manage all accounts payables including confirming the accuracy of all invoices and reimbursement requests, reconciling all credit card charges, preparing and submitting all checks and other payments for approval of the Business Administrator and maintaining an accurate filing system for all transactions.
8. Ability to prepare routine financial reports at the direction of the Business Administrator and Finance Council.
9. Ability to work harmoniously with others and to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing) with the Church Community.
10. Ability to abide by the moral and ethical norms of the Roman Catholic Church and to share in the same general covenant relationship to minister to the people of God and to model to the larger community the teachings of the Church; and
11. Such alternatives to the above requirements as the Business Administrator may deem reasonably appropriate and acceptable.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Must be proficient with QuickBooks, Excel, Word and such other desktop applications as are necessary to perform all essential duties and requirements.
2. Completion of the Diocesan Application for Ministry and receipt of a satisfactory background check.
3. Attendance at an Ethics in Ministry workshop every three years.
4. Possession of a valid Texas Driver’s License.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and requirements of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform such essential duties and requirements.
1. Ability to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle and feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear and to climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
2. Ability to see close and far, color, depth, peripheral and to adjust focus.
3. Ability to push, lift and carry weights up to 30 pounds.
4. Ability to handle a varied work environment and an abundance of personalities and situations.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
This is a full-time non-exempt position requiring at least 32 hours per week. The position may require some variable hours outside of regular business hours to meet the needs of the Church Community including evening and weekend hours.
To apply for this job please visit austindioceseparishes.isolvedhire.com.