Third Grade Teacher
Third Grade Teacher, Our Lady Star of the Sea, Bremerton
Our Lady Star of the Sea Catholic School in Bremerton, WA is looking for a faithful and enthusiastic third grade teacher. Our parish school will soon be in its third year of Catholic Classical Liberal Arts Curriculum. The prospective applicant must be a faithfully practicing Catholic and should be rooted in the Church’s intellectual tradition and keenly aware of the dignity of the children entrusted to them by parents. They must have a desire to cultivate wonder in the classroom and guide students to pursue truth and human flourishing as they help the children to grow in confidence of God’s love. Likewise, this individual should desire a rigorous academic and faith-based community within a full-time position.
Our Lady Star of the Sea Catholic School is seeking a full-time instructor for the 2023/24 school year for our third-grade classroom. The successful candidate would be capable of teaching literature, history, religion, language arts, math, and nature studies in an integrated manner. Candidates should have teaching experience within a classroom setting. They should also be knowledgeable of and committed to a Catholic classical liberal education.
Responsibilities and Duties
– Provide students with a nurturing environment that develops both the intellect and will
– Know and cultivate strong Catholic practices for students and families to grow in the faith
– Collaborate with administrators and colleagues to learn the school’s policies and practices
– Support the curriculum selected by the administration to provide a thorough classical approach
– Communicate effectively with parents and students to foster a positive learning environment
– Participate in professional development in the classical model and other assigned programs
– Hold a bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline; Masters preferred
– Hold a teaching certificate in WA state/other state or currently working towards one
– Have experience teaching within an elementary level classroom
– Be a practicing Catholic willing to pledge fidelity to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church
– Clear a background check and complete safe environment training
$38,000 – $55,000
Any offered salary is determined based on internal equity, internal salary ranges, market data, applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience, degrees, and certifications.
A comprehensive package of benefits is offered including two medical plan options, dental, vision, life, accidental death and disability, long term disability, pension, 403(b), HSA, FSA, and generous sick leave, vacation, and holidays.
Please email a cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Our Lady Star of the Sea Catholic School Mission
Under the patronage of our Blessed Mother, the mission of Our Lady Star of the Sea Catholic Classical School is to support parents in their role as the primary educators of their children. Our classical training nourishes the students’ natural sense of wonder and guides them to know and love what is genuinely good, true, and beautiful. Faithful to the teachings of the Catholic Church, we form our students to be virtuous disciples of Jesus Christ and joyful witnesses to the Gospel.