Director of Mission & Outreach/ Young Adult Coordinator
Parish: St. Ignatius Loyola Parish Position Status: Full Time
Category: Non-exempt Schedule: 40 hours a week – some weekends and nights expected
Hourly Payrate: $19.00 to $21.00 based on work experience
Job Summary: St. Ignatius is seeking an enthusiastic community builder to help recruit volunteers, maintain the established relationships with our volunteer base in a variety of ministries and supporting the parish-based pastoral young adult ministry.
- Recruit volunteers and maintain existing relationships in a variety of ministries
- Share and promote new volunteer opportunities as they arrive
- Keep our volunteer pool connected and interested in serving at our parish
- Recruit and support coordinators for major parish events (ministries faire, fundraisers, Fall Festival, picnics etc.)
- Process volunteer paperwork with the diocese and maintain parish records (Safe Haven and Fingerprinting)
Specific Areas of Responsibility:
- Encourage, support and staff the Young Adult Ministry
- Encourage involvement in parish activities and volunteering
- Assist and support the once-a-month Young Adult Events after 5:30 pm Sunday liturgy
- Publish Monthly newsletter with all events and manage social accounts (Facebook & Instagram)
- Explore the need for a group for young married couples to go along with the young singles
- Support Outreach Ministries
- Regular office hours for assisting drop-ins
- Hand out local resource list and information
- Connect guests with St. Vincent de Paul Conference (SVDP)
- Distribute waters, snacks, and toiletries to our in-need visitors
- Manage and sort all food, clothing, and hygiene donations
- Sharing God’s Bounty (monthly dinners)
- Oversee volunteers at event – High schoolers and parishioners
- Providing Bulletin and Website blasts to Communications Coordinator
- Promoting the meal schedule to local non-profit outreach groups
- Coordinate donation needs with Bounty ministry leader
- Oversee Feed-a-Family at Lent and Advent to provide food baskets for 250 families Easter and Christmas meals
- Oversee signups, coordinates volunteers, promote food collection and manage communication with the parish and affiliate groups
- Work with parish staff and school to coordinate collection and events
- Explore assistance for parishioners who request help in their homes with Housekeeping, Caregiving, & Companionship
- Interface with the parish CORE Program Coordinator (Collaborative Organizing for Racial Equity) and the Jesuits West Province
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
Experience: Three to Five years of ministry experience in a Catholic parish; proven ability to work in collaboration with other delegating and supervising tasks.
Skills/Knowledge: Must be proficient in using technology, including Microsoft Office, ability to master new technologies, good organizational skills; ability to maintain strict confidentiality; professional temperament and appearance; ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form using correct Catholic Church grammar and punctuation; practicing Catholic with knowledge and understanding of the Catholic Church in general; ability to work and relate to a variety of personalities and cultures with diplomacy, friendliness and poise. Able to work in a team-oriented environment, handle multiple assignments consecutively and prioritize workload while meeting deadlines.
Please send cover letter, resume and Diocesan pre application to Laura Chacon, Business Manager at [email protected]