Physical Education Teacher
The Green Bay Area Catholic Education (GRACE) school system is a 23-parish collaborative educational ministry that operates nine preschool through eighth grade schools (one of which also offers ninth grade) serving the greater Green Bay area. Formed in 2008, this school system serves more than 2,000 students. GRACE’s neighborhood schools are geographically distributed in the area with strong connections to the area parishes and the broader community.
St. John Paul II Classical School is looking for a part-time Phy. Ed. teacher for the upcoming 2023-24 school year.
Teachers are to joyfully immerse their students into the beauty of Catholic classical education. This will not only help students to love the true, good, and beautiful, but will help to establish the authentically Catholic culture that we strive to promote. All teachers must have the ability to work collaboratively with their colleagues.
– Recognizes and supports the unique Catholic mission of SJPII and GRACE, and builds virtues and Catholic culture into all school activities.
– Gives evidence of lived Gospel values.
– Assumes an active role in building the faith community of the school.
– Demonstrates effective planning skills, and collaboration with other staff members.
– Demonstrates competence in the teaching process and content.
– Demonstrates the ability to actively assess students in a classical curriculum.
– Establishes a consistent disciplinary approach which promotes independence and positive self image in alignment with school-wide and GRACE System policies and rules.
– Maintains a disciplined, organized, joyful and safe learning environment in accordance with school, GRACE System, and Diocesan policies.
– Interpersonal Relationships
– Works cooperatively and effectively with the administration and all staff members.
– Interacts with students in a joyful, respectful, friendly, and just manner.
– Maintains positive relationships with parents, and keeps parents informed regarding student progress through regular communication and effective parent-teacher conferences.
Professional Responsibilities and Growth:
– Maintains a professional manner.
– Handles confidential information with discretion.
– Seeks professional growth opportunities.
– Interprets school programs and policies to the local community in a positive manner.
– Is punctual and attends all required professional days/events.
– Can fulfill any other responsibilities as assigned by the Headmaster.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
– Minimum of a BA/BS in an appropriate subject area
– Be willing to pledge fidelity to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church
– Have knowledge of the classical educational method and be open to learning more.
– Successful completion of legal background check and VIRTUS training
– Be a practicing Catholic who joyfully strives to live in conformity with the Magisterium of the Catholic Church
St. John Paul II Classical School provides a classical education rooted in centuries of Catholic faith and tradition. Our academic program encourages students to develop intellectual ability, make moral decisions, and solidify Catholic virtues. Our classical curriculum is led by Catholic teachers who truly care about all of their students. They are attentive to each child’s education and catechetical formation. We are guided by the Latin phrase, “Scientia, Fides, Caritas,” (Knowledge, Faith, Charity), which is at the core of our Christ centered community of faith, hope, and love.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, sit, and frequently bend or twist at the neck and trunk. The employee will use the hands feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee must occasionally exert or lift up to 20 pounds. Successful performance requires specific vision abilities that include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. The GRACE school system is proud to hire staff members who share our passion for individualized learning and faith-based education. Whether as faculty or in a support role, our staff members focus on improving the learning opportunities of each student.