Bishop Garriga Middle Preparatory School is seeking a full-time bookkeeper. The school bookkeeper is responsible for accurately preparing and maintaining specific aspects of the school finances. The applicant must have:
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 3-years’ proven and successful experience working as a bookkeeper
• Excellent communication skills
• Knowledge of FACTS/Renweb or willingness to learn the software and applications
• Basic accounting skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Keep accurate records of all school income and expenses.
• Keep on file documentation of all disbursements made, including invoices for payment.
• Keep accurate and balanced financial records.
• Appropriately implement and utilize the Diocesan accounting system.
• Prepare disbursements, according to instructions from the Principal.
• Maintain confidentiality on all financial matters of the school.
• Knowledge of phone system
• Willingness to be flexible and display a welcoming attitude.
• Ability to work with parents.
• Ability to follow instructions from the Administration and Diocesan Financial policy.
• Performs any other duties that the Principal may deem necessary.
• Valid Driver’s License
• Submit to employment required screenings, criminal background, drug screening, and MVR
• Certified in Safe Environment training provided by the Office of Safe Environment and Child and Family Resources
• Position requires adherence to diocesan policies and procedures
All interested candidates must download an employment application from the Diocesan website and submit the completed application, resume, and cover letter to:
Diocese of Corpus Christi
c/o Dr. Rosemary Henry, Superintendent of Catholic Schools, firstname.lastname@example.org; and Norma Castaneda, Principal, email@example.com