MISSION ROLE: CLIENT ADVISOR (Remote)
WHO ARE WE?
St Joseph Financial Services (SJFS) is a leading company supporting Catholic educational institutions financial needs across the United States. We are ‘mission-driven’ to provide comprehensive client accounting services for Catholic Schools, Catholic Parishes, Catholic Dioceses and other Catholic Institutions. We enable our clients to make better business decisions through experienced accounting professionals, standard business processes and best in class technology. Our strength allows us to provide wrap-around advisory services such as financial analytics, board preparation, budgeting and planning.
Our work platform simplifies our clients’ experience through cloud-based financial management technology, personalized expertise, and unmatched scale. Founded in 2018, we are growing to meet the needs of Catholic education in more ways than ever before imagined. Come and join our great remote workplace to help us deliver on our mission of making a difference every day for our clients. For that reason, we need team members that help us make, “More Time Ministering. Less Time Administering” a reality for all our clients!
We are looking for Client Advisors to join our growing client support team beginning in the first quarter of calendar year 2024 (Target Start: February 1, 2024). Our first cohort of the new year will consist of remote-based, full-time positions and will be an extension of our home location in South Bend, Indiana. These are critical roles responsible for helping us build a mission centered financial services organization that accelerates our growth as we continue to build new services and partnerships with our Catholic educational institutions. The successful candidate will need depth in understanding efficient accounting services, planning and execution throughout the lifecycle of the business to support our broad customer base, targeted growth, and the scale at which we’re currently operating. This individual will report to the Director of Advisory Services.
- Manage the accounting and financial services provided to our parish and school clients
- Develop an understanding of the pastoral or strategic plan
- Identify, through consultation with the principal or pastor, the key actions necessary to achieve the strategic or pastoral plan
- Support client leadership in key decisions concerning operational efficiency
- Analyze and communicate operational and financial results, explaining key drivers of variances
- Create ad-hoc reports as needed to serve the business needs of the client
- Report financial results to the pastor, principal, their delegates, appropriate advisory councils and the community
- Identify technology requirements and coordinate implementations
- Work closely with the SJFS operational and accounting support specialist team to deliver exceptional service
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and key personnel at client sites
- Conduct weekly review meetings (via Google Meet / Zoom) with the client
- Attend finance council and/or pastoral council meetings (via Google Meet / Zoom) at the request of the client
- Liaising with internal departments to ensure client needs are fulfilled effectively
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR FROM YOU – OUR MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or economics
- Ability to communicate effectively, in both written and verbal formats from a remote-based setting.
- Parish business management experience and or school business management experience a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills combined with business acumen, analytical ability and consulting experience
- Ability to prepare and deliver management-level presentations
- Comfortable with a range of office and accounting platforms (Sage Intacct, QBO, Bill.com, Google Workspace)
- Self-starter with ability to work on an evolving environment
- Effective problem-solving approaches to draw people together and drive opportunities to fruition
- Leverages communication skills and EQ (emotional intelligence) to facilitate the adoption of what we offer to our clients
- Best-Practices: Blends appropriate speed, quality, and resiliency in high-availability, deadline driven and growing environments
A CULTURE THAT SEEKS TO SERVE A GREATER PURPOSE
At SJFS, we foster a mission-driven culture that supports our Catholic clients while genuinely caring for each of us that works here. From the interview process, we center our values in our day-to-day. We deliver our work with intentionality with our clients and we build relationships with professionalism, through trust and respect. Our integrity leads us to do the right thing at all times. We support each other to decision-making with accountability while always striving to be of authentic service, to our clients and to one another. We are a mission-driven organization. Our team consists of conscientious individuals, passionate about the Catholic Church and education, while delivering on our work that builds client partnerships, and we are committed to putting our employees first, in all that we do.
A PLACE TO GROW AND MAKE AN IMMEDIATE IMPACT
Too often job descriptions focus solely on what a candidate needs to be able to contribute to the organization, but your decision also includes what you will receive in return. SJFS knows that our people make our mission possible even more than the technology and processes we use. In addition to the work you will perform, you will inherit an environment that will nurture your whole-self, sharpen your skills, and show you a good time along the way. Perhaps the best way to convey that is to share with you what our own employees have told us why they came to work for us. We dare you to work for a company that’s mission-driven where we all share a higher ideal. Join our great remote workplace to help us deliver our client motto, “More time ministering. Less time administering.”