Holy Family Hospital of Bethlehem Foundation is a 501c3 not-for-profit organization providing vital funding and support to Holy Family Hospital, a state-of-the-art maternity and neonatal critical care center in Palestine. This Catholic teaching hospital serves more than 10,000 poor and at-risk families each year, 45% of whom are registered UNWRA refugees. Holy Family Hospital is a safety net providing lifesaving care for a catchment area of nearly 1 million people. In January the 100,000th baby was born at Holy Family Hospital.
The Development and Community Outreach Associate is a full-time position based in Washington, DC.
The Associate will support the fundraising efforts of the Foundation by spearheading community outreach to churches and schools nationwide as well as coordinating logistics for the Foundation’s fundraising events throughout the US and abroad.
The successful candidate has outstanding organizational, interpersonal and collaborative skills with very strong attention to detail and an outgoing personality that enjoys immersing themselves in the community. This position will be working closely with churches throughout the United States to raise awareness and funds for Holy Family Hospital.
He/she must be comfortable interfacing with donors and be able to have oversight of multiple projects simultaneously throughout the year.
• Assist the Foundation Director in the day-to -day activities of Community Outreach efforts with the goal to expand community, parish and diocesan participation in raising funds and awareness for Holy Family Hospital
• Collaborate with Foundation team to reach a fundraising goal of 3M dollars including a 9% revenue goal of monies raised through parishes and schools
• Initiate outreach to donor prospects and steward relationships with community leaders and organizations
• Organize and maintain Raisers Edge database for all community outreach donors to ensure timely execution and follow up on all outreach efforts
• Design and create marketing materials for our community outreach initiatives and implement targeted presentations for prospective parishes, schools and community organization
• Facilitate logistics with board members and volunteers on our community outreach programs
• Support the Board of Directors by providing timely updates on community outreach efforts
• Provide creative and administrative support for all Foundation events ensuring that all logistics are organized and executed properly as well as maximize post event reporting and data analytics
• Coordinate with the Communications Director in the design of print and electronic invitations
• Communicate event logistics with board members, volunteers and event committees
• Ensure proper record keeping and gift maintenance through our Fundraising software, Raisers Edge
• Attend and staff events as needed
• Provide administrative support to the Foundation Director and President as needed
IDEAL CANDIDATE QUALITFICATIONS:
• Bachelor’s degree with two to three years of relevant experience, preferably in a non-profit setting
• Excellent interpersonal skills, sense of humor, good judgement and flexible character that enjoys meeting and engaging current and potential donors.
• Mission driven with the ability and interest in working for a Catholic organization
• Understanding of Catholic social teaching and a comfort working with Church hierarchy.
• Database experience (Raisers Edge NXT, or similar fundraising database).
• Computer proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Outstanding organizational and time management skills
• Project a professional demeanor
• Establishes and maintains relationships well
Strong benefits package to include medical and dental insurance, 401(k) contribution, paid vacation Competitive salary commensurate with experience
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send a resume and cover letter to Kate Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org Applications will not be reviewed without a cover letter.
Holy Family Hospital of Bethlehem Foundation is an equal opportunity employer