The Director of Advancement at Regina Caeli Academy is a full-time position reporting directly to the Executive Director. This role encompasses the strategic planning, management, coordination, and evaluation of various functions, including admission management, development, communications, and community/public relations programs. The Director of Advancement oversees the advancement department and plays a pivotal role in fostering an environment conducive to enrollment growth and fundraising to support the academy’s mission.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Strategize, manage, and implement fundraising and friend-raising campaigns.
● Oversee annual giving, major gift programs, and fundraising events.
● Identify prospects, conduct research, cultivate relationships, solicit donations, and manage gift processing, acknowledgments, and stewardship efforts.
● Foster a culture of philanthropy within the academy communities.
● Promote understanding, acceptance, and support of the Regina Caeli Academy’s unique vision, mission, and objectives.
● Collaborate with corporate and collegiate partners in mission as a primary point of contact for strategic planning initiatives.
● Set priorities to achieve annual goals.
● Work closely with the advancement team and advancement committee of the board to establish and fulfill goals and objectives.
● Maintain high standards for professional writing and design in academy communications.
● Oversee print publications, including newsletters, annual reports, marketing materials, and direct mail.
● Manage electronic communications, including the academy’s website and email campaigns.
● Oversee engagement in interactive social media, including platforms, such as Facebook and Instagram.
● Manage media relations, including advertising and press releases in local newspapers and coverage of academy events in local media.
● Cultivate relationships with community parishes, colleges, companies, and stakeholders.
● Collaborate with the academy board, staff, and volunteers to support their activities.
● Seek third-party recognitions, grants, and special funding opportunities.
● Develop and execute comprehensive marketing strategies for student recruitment, retention, and engagement.
● Collaborate with the Admissions Specialist to facilitate open houses, campus visits, tours, re-enrollment, and marketing collateral creation.
● Work closely with Center Coordinators to coordinate external and internal marketing initiatives aimed at attracting and retaining families.
● Analyze admissions and enrollment data, make projections, and provide regular reports on admissions management.
● Oversee database planning, including data acquisition and management.
● Ensure efficient database management, with a focus on enrollment management and development, including updating and maintaining the alumni database.
● Manage general office processes and procedures.
● Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities):
● Prior experience in admissions management, development, fundraising, sales,marketing, communications, or management, preferably in a Catholic educational context.
● Passion for Catholic PreK-12 education and the ability to effectively communicate that passion.
● Demonstrated leadership skills and a track record of achieving organizational goals.
● Proficiency in building and managing teams, including recruiting and supervising volunteers.
● Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to conceive and execute strategic plans and interact confidently and effectively with various stakeholders.
● Familiarity with Google workspace, Virtuous, Mailchimp, Microsoft Office, and Internet technologies.
● Experience in a parochial or not-for-profit environment is desirable.
● A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a related field.