The Director of Technology Systems will implement and support technology growth for optimum efficiency in Catholic Schools for the Diocese of Corpus Christi and the Office of Catholic Schools.
Superintendent of Catholic Schools
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Implement Chromebook technology in all classrooms.
- Integrate curriculum and textbooks with Chromebook technology.
- Maintain technology equipment and systems in collaboration with school technology staff members for the purpose of ensuring that systems are functioning properly and effectively.
- Assess infrastructure needs as well as hardware and software.
- Train educators and school administrators to use technology and educational tools as teaching and learning tools.
- Coordinate security and network infrastructure needs for all campuses.
- Update and review technology polices as needed in collaboration with the Superintendent.
- Monitor technology budget and expenditures in collaboration with the Superintendent.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Implement and assess STEM/STREAM initiatives and provide guidance and training.
- Assist in marketing schools with current and strong website and social media content.
- Provide leadership and professional development for student information system and other educational platforms.
- Attend technology seminars, workshops and conferences, budget permitting, and share trending topics with schools.
- Conduct update on the Do Not Hire Registry.
- Provide technology set-up and preparation for programs/training.
- Assist in the technical operation and management of the Office of Catholic Schools.
- Maintain strict confidentiality.
- Perform all duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years progressively responsible experience in an educational setting.
- Training Experience
- Technology Expertise
- Highly organized with strong project management skills, and drive to meet organizational and departmental objectives; ability to manage projects on interrelated time lines.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with and work well with all levels within educational organizations.
- Commitment to school and student technological advancement
- Valid driver’s license
- Submit to employment required screenings criminal background and drug screening and MVR
- Certified in Safe Environment training provided by the Office for Safe Environment and Child & Family Resources.
- Position requires adherence to diocesan policies and procedures.