The Middle School Principal at Bishop Garriga Middle Preparatory Schools, in the Diocese of Corpus Christi, will create a Christ-centered learning environment where students and community members foster the development of the whole student- spiritually, intellectually, morally and socially. The mission driven Principal will report directly to the President and will work closely in collaboration with the Superintendent and the Office of Catholic Schools. This school serves students in Grades 6-8.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide visionary and energetic leadership to the school community
• Foster and maintain community relations through collaboration and servant leadership
• Serve as a change agent to improve all facets of the school and assess successes and challenges
• Engender loyalty and unity with the school mission through wise and prudent decision making and action
• Be accessible and present to the school community
• Instill a drive for academic excellence
• Provide instructional leadership through curriculum assessment, teacher appraisals, review of testing data and implement programs needed for student success
• Ensure strong and effective communication
• Promote parental involvement
• Serve to ensure a well-rounded middle school experience for all students in areas of extracurricular activities, service programs, faith formation, etc.
• Maintain confidentiality
• Ensure compliance in regards to all standards, protocols, policies, etc.
• Maintain effective financial management
• Create an atmosphere of success and achievement for the entire community
• All other duties as assigned
• Practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church
• Master’s Degree and a minimum of 18 hours in Educational Leadership Program Coursework
• Leadership experience is preferred
• 3-5 years proven track record of success as a teacher/school leader
• Highly organized with project management skills and drive to meet the organizational objectives
• Creative thinker with strategic planning skills and a commitment to Catholic education
• Valid Driver’s License
• Submit to employment required screenings, criminal background, drug screening, and MVR.
• Certified in Safe Environment training by the Office of Safe Environment and Child/Family Resources
• Position requires adherence to diocesan policies and procedures
Closing Date: Until Filled
All interested candidates must download an employment application from the Diocesan website and submit the completed application, resume, transcripts, and cover letter to:
Diocese of Corpus Christi
c/o Dr. Rosemary Henry, Superintendent of Catholic Schools, firstname.lastname@example.org; and Mrs. Norma Castaneda, Principal, email@example.com