Full-time, onsite in Irondale (Birmingham), AL. Not remote-eligible.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT THE BIG PICTURE:
As the Payroll Specialist, you will play a vital role in ensuring accurate and timely processing of our bi-weekly multi-state payroll for our EWTN employees. You’ll dive into day-to-day payroll activities and provide support to the Financial Managers on various reports and projects, ensuring compliance and directly improving operational effectiveness.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Execute bi-weekly employee payroll for multiple internal entities, across multiple states, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of payments.
• Prepare and distribute payroll reports, statements, and records; submit time and labor reports.
• Calculate and process deductions, bonuses, taxes, and other adjustments; administer Paid Time Off, Extended Sick Leave Bank.
• Address payroll-related inquiries and resolve any issues or discrepancies.
• Ensure compliance with all local, state and federal employment tax requirements and court-ordered wage garnishment orders.
• Reconcile various payroll-related general ledger accounts, provide payroll audit reports.
• Facilitate payroll orientation of new hires and assist with employee payroll communications.
• You have 3-5+ years of payroll administration experience, specifically with multistate reporting.
• You possess a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly in Excel.
• You can establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of groups and individuals, with a customer-service mentality.
• You are an excellent communicator with a strong sense of confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
• You have an analytical eye for accuracy and detail when reconciling a variety of internal payroll documents, transactions, and reports.
• Associates’ degree in accounting, finance, or business administration.
• CPP or FPC certification a plus but not required.
• Practicing Catholic with an affinity for EWTN’s mission.
• Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Experience with UKG UltiPro payroll software.
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT WORKING HERE:
• We offer a career with purpose! Apply your God-given talents, knowing your contributions help advance EWTN’s mission of sharing the Gospel with the world.
• Family-oriented working environment. We value the importance of work/life balance, and welcome you as an EWTN family member, not just an employee.
• Worship at work! Freedom to participate in daily Mass, Adoration, and prayer throughout your workday.
• Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life insurance and Retirement Savings Plan.
• 11 Paid Holidays and generous Paid Time Off program.
• Tuition reimbursement for online continuing education and degree programs through our partnership with Catholic Distance University.
• Ability to learn alongside legacy employees while bringing new ideas to the growing team!
WHAT TO DO NEXT:
If you’re ready to get started on EWTN’s mission to bring the Gospel to the world, please email a cover letter, resume and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for considering EWTN and we look forward to hearing from you!