Sacred Heart Catholic School in La Grange celebrated its 90th anniversary on Sept. 8, and over the last nine decades, it has formed generations of Catholics in the faith and offered a quality education that prepares students to excel. In addition, the school has earned the respect and affection of the La Grange community.
In July 1928, Msgr. S. A. Zientek arrived in La Grange and was determined to establish a Catholic school. With humble beginnings, the school opened on Sept. 8, 1930. The first building was a converted rectory, which housed two classrooms for 35 students and living quarters for two teachers, who were from the Sisters of the Incarnate World and Blessed Sacrament of Victoria. Throughout the years, the parish school added and upgraded facilities to accommodate growth. Today, 92 students are enrolled in pre-K3 through sixth grade.
Photos & Videos
Type of Organization