The Saint Joseph Schools were established in 1877. In 1954 it was evident that a high school was needed and with the approval from the Most Rev. Duane G. Hunt, Bishop of Salt Lake City. Lay Catholic leaders, fired by the zeal of their pastor, volunteered concerted efforts to make SJCHS a reality, opening its doors in September of 1954, under the direction of the Sisters of the Holy Cross and the Jesuit Fathers. In 1985, a new addition was built to house the Val A. Browning Library followed in 2003 with the Sam & Aline Skaggs Arts Education Building. 2020 saw the addition of a new turf soccer field and pavilion to campus. In addition, major renovations have been performed to improve the campus over the past decade, such as carpet and flooring, walls, windows, gymnasium floor, and more.
Photos & Videos
Type of Organization